- Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News says the Rangers’ need for speed is what got them to the ALCS.
- Great Stan Grossfeld story in the Boston Globe about Todd Marinovich’s younger brother, a senior defensive end at Syracuse.
- Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle has a good preview of the superb pitching matchups in the NLCS.
- Jack Moore over at Fangraphs takes a look at the Rays, and wonders how long they can be kept together.
- And check out David Mitchell’s op-ed in the Guardian about the problem with big money in sports. As with anything Mitchell creates, it’s thoughtful and funny.
WHAT I’LL BE WATCHING TODAY:
Today’s sports slate is a Newton Minow-esque “vast wasteland”, so I’ll forgo what’s on the tube in favor of finally getting a chance at “Four Days in October”, the “30 for 30” episode my friends and family have raved about.
Yours in the comments.