University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
NC TraCS (Translational and Clinical Science) Institute
Communications Coordinator (February/2014 – September/2014)
• Curated and created content for department website, utilizing SEO and social media to drive traffic
• Enhanced social media production, increasing Twitter and Facebook posts by more than 500%
• Advertised and marketed events and services across an array of channels to build awareness
Clearwater Threshers Baseball Club, Clearwater, Florida
Single-A Baseball Affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies, directly owned by Phillies
Broadcaster/Media Relations Coordinator (February/2013 – September/2013)
• Worked alongside Phillies Media Relations staff to provide for needs of media corps during Spring Training
• Produced team media guide and daily notes using InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, with extensive research put in
• Wrote several articles monthly for game-day program, as well as recaps immediately following all games covered
• Conducted audio and on-camera interviews with players to promote team via website and live on scoreboard
• Broadcasted more than 100 regular season games and provided running social media updates during action
• Managed team social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
• Updated and administrated team website, using Homebase CMS and social media to promote team news and events
Hudson Valley Renegades Baseball Team, Wappingers Falls, New York
Short-Season Class-A Affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays
Team Broadcaster (May/2012 – September/2012)
• Acted as primary contact for all external media, issuing credentials and handling press requests
• Wrote postgame recaps for all Renegades games and published them to web on MLBAM system
• Broadcasted play-by-play for all 76 regular season games and all postseason games, including New York-Penn League Championship
• Produced Facebook/Twitter posts, press releases, program articles, and social media initiatives
• Sold tickets in person and over the phone, providing customer service and representing team
• Hosted and produced live pregame show on-field, helping to promote sponsors and guests
Hickory Crawdads Baseball Club, Hickory, North Carolina
Class-A Affiliate of the Texas Rangers
Broadcasting Assistant (February/2011 – August/2011)
• Broadcasted play-by-play and color commentary for 70 regular season games
• Produced Facebook posts, Twitter announcements, newsletter articles, and social media initiatives for team
• Interviewed players and managers for pregame show; wrote blog articles for official team site.
WCHL 1360 Radio, Chapel Hill, NC
Hyper-local news-talk-sports radio station
On-Air Talent/News Anchor-Reporter/Sports Play-by-Play and Reporter (September/2009 – September/2010)
• Play-by-play for high school sports, and extensive coverage of NCAA athletics; hosted/produced high school sports pregame show
• Reported on news and sports events and interviewed prominent figures from news and sports worlds
• Anchor, morning/evening news; produced and edited stories for air, posted to web and Tweeted links on Twitter
WTOP Radio, Washington, DC
Top-rated radio station in United States
Sports Intern (July/2009 – August/2009)
• Interviewed local athletes and sports figures at various events around Washington
• Edited audio of interviews and prepared sound clips for airing
Syracuse Crunch, Syracuse, New York
AHL hockey team
Play-by-Play Intern (November/2008 – April/2009)
• Performed play-by-play for critique by team’s official broadcaster
• Helped compile highlights for in-studio intermission shows
Boston.com, Boston, Massachusetts
Online wing of the Boston Globe
Sports Intern (May/2007 – June/2008)
• Created a number of pieces of original content, including the site’s top-drawing feature for July 2007
• Worked to synergize the organization’s print and online operations by editing stories and blog posts
• Created several pieces of content on-the-fly, including liveblogs of the 2007 and 2008 MLB amateur drafts
WBRS 100.1 FM, Waltham, Massachusetts
Student-run, FCC-licensed radio station of Brandeis University
Special Productions Director (2005-2006), Chief Announcer (2006-2007), PSA Director (2007-2008)
• Performed as play-by-play announcer and color commentator for many Brandeis basketball and baseball games (clips on request)
• Organized and directed special productions wing of WBRS as Special Productions Director, including parties and live sound events
• Administered the operations logs and public file of WBRS as Chief Announcer
• Managed the Public Service Announcements of WBRS as PSA Director; also recorded all station IDs for automation
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
June/2008 – Early August/2009
M.S., Broadcast Journalism. Graduated August 2009. 3.708 GPA.
Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
September/2004 – May/2008
B.A., English (minor in Journalism), Cum Laude, May 2008. 3.505 GPA. National Merit Scholar.
• Skilled with news-writing of all kinds, particularly sports; experienced with press releases
• Very experienced and skilled with video and audio editing software (ProTools/Final Cut/Adobe Audition)
• Strong with use of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Web-savvy, with HTML coding experience, as well as frequent use with Twitter, Facebook, Blogger and WordPress platforms
• Experience with cold-calling and external sales, as well as customer service, public relations and marketing
• Jason Adams, Assistant General Manager, Clearwater Threshers.
• John Timberlake, General Manager, Clearwater Threshers.
• Joe Ausanio, Director of Baseball Communications, Hudson Valley Renegades.
• Mark Seaman, General Manager, Hickory Crawdads.
• Andrew Buchbinder, Director of Broadcasting, Springfield Cardinals.
• Chris Forsberg, Reporter, ESPNBoston.com.
• George Wallace, Sports Director, WTOP Radio.
• Dennis Deninger, President/Exec. Producer, Deninger Media.